Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Human Race

I just got my t-shirt! So, it's official. I am part of the Human Race. Woohoo!
















It was 85 degrees this morning and I was just going to run with my sports bra because I was too lazy to dig through the clean laundry for a t-shirt at 5:50 AM. But as soon as I stepped out of the door there was a box on my doorstep. My t-shirt! Coincidence or kismet? You be the judge.

It is a nice shirt, kinda bright for my taste and the material is not as soft as my other running shirt. But it's still the stay-dry material. Comments about the shirt on the Nike site say the label is a little heavy, but to me, it's barely noticeable. Sure, a silkscreen would be better than an iron-on, but it's all right.

I like the fact that I can train with it and run with it on race day, and people who are also running their own course can identify each other as part of the Human Race.

After my morning run, my daughter was in the middle of asking me about some pony-tail holders when she stopped herself and said "Wow! That's the coolest shirt ever!"

One question though, what do the numbers on the shirt represent? It's not the date of the race (20080831), could it be my actual bib number? Would Nike go through the trouble of printing out t-shirts with specific bib numbers? These are the questions that I must ask, and I will find the answers. I will.

No comments: