Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Training Hurdles

I don't know how I'm going to train this week. My husband is out of town. My oldest son, who I can usually get to watch the 4 year old is away in college. And I've got a trip to San Francisco scheduled Thursday - Saturday.

I'm on week 6 of my half marathon training from Hal Higdon's site and I'm supposed to run 4 miles today. There's no way I can make it into the gym, it's my daughter's first volleyball game, and it's an away game...far away.

I hate falling behind.

Now that the Human Race is over, I'm now training for the Nike Women's Half Marathon on October 19th. Then, after the half marathon is done, I'm going to transition into Week 6 of Hal Higdon's Novice II Marathon training program.



I love the Nike Women's Marathon tagline. Also, anyone who registers and runs gets a special Tiffany key chain. Love it! Of course, I won't be running in San Francisco. Since I'm using Nike+, I can run the race anywhere I want. I'll probably run the Scottsdale Greenbelt and Arizona Canal, from Shea to Chapparal Rd. It's a beautiful run, through lakes and golf courses. And by late October, the weather should be perfect.

Now if only I could find the time to train for it.

No comments: