Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recovery Run

After 8 days without running...
5 days without a fever...
0 days without a headache...
I decided to ease back into running.

You see, for the past two weeks, I've been sick. I got sick the weekend before Thanksgiving and only found myself getting better the day of Thanksgiving. After getting the turkey and fixin's going that day, I decided to go for a short 4 mile run. I followed this up two days later with 7.5.

Unfortunately, by not listening to common sense and all the running tips I've read, I did not wait until I was "fully" recovered to restart my training. Because of that, the next day Sunday, I was sick again.

So here I am, 2 weeks later. Training called for 84 miles these past two weeks including two long runs of 17 and 18 miles. As of today, I've run a total of 17.5. Needless to say, I'm way behind.

I'll have to see how training goes the next few weeks and see if I can just pick up as if nothing ever happened. I might have to re-evaluate after a couple of weeks to see if I should just do the half marathon.

No comments: